Latah Credit Union is committed to making available financial products and services that will enable its members to meet their financial needs and goals. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with member expectations is a high priority to everyone associated with this credit union.
- The credit union will collect only the personal information that is necessary to conduct our business. That means just what is necessary to provide competitive financial products and services and no more. We collect this information about members from applications and other forms, information about member transactions with us, our affiliates or others, and information we receive from consumer reporting agencies.
- The credit union discloses nonpublic personal information about its members to companies that offer financial products and services, including insurance products and securities brokerage companies. The credit union also discloses nonpublic information to other nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law.
- The credit union will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements. The businesses we select will offer products designed to enhance our members’ economic well-being. Under no circumstances will we authorize those firms to charge a member’s account without receiving their express consent, and we will not sell member information to telemarketing firms.
The Credit Union will protect the personal information of its members. This credit union will maintain strong security controls to ensure that member information in our files and computers is protected. We limit access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you. Additionally, we maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations.
Privacy Notice Disclosure
If after reading this notice you have questions, please contact us at (208) 882-0232 or write to:
Latah Credit Union
912 South Washington Street
Moscow, Idaho 83843
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you terminate your membership with Latah Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
What Members Can Do to Help
Latah Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs, (personal identification numbers) or passwords.
- Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information updated. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.